FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "AMB pack not received" thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:12 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I am having yet another occasion of Ambassador pack not having been received. It happens pretty much every year, and I am getting a little fed up with it. I should have received it by the end of February but no, it's mid-April and still no pack. My husband's is also missing, although his is not as bad as mine as his renewal date is a month behind mine.

Last year and the year before they did not turned up at all for me, and I had to have them re-sent, extremely reluctantly, with quoted "8 weeks" waiting time (in the end it took 3 months, not 8 weeks, for the replacement to be received, if I remember correctly).

Is there a serious problem with their fulfilment system, or are they intentionally delaying sending them out until they are chased, so that we have much shorter period to redeem the Amb weekend certificate?

I have heard of many similar cases, but I'm wondering if there is a way of improving reliability of their delivery, or to have it reissued more easily?

I don't think IHG have any ongoing plan delaying sending out the welcome packs. Going back several years to my ambassador signup, the first pack arrived in 2-3 weeks (I was away so don't know which date exactly pack arrived)

I know from 2years ago when my RA pack never arrived, it got an @emergency reorder", which much have some delay as packs are not off the shelf as personalised with name+member number on card etc. Maybe IHG don't make packs up everyday and just do one big run a month for renewals?

My RA year ended 31Aug2013, IHG incorrectly decided i dd not requal as RA, and I received Plain Ambasador pack 11th Sep 2014.

I contacted Amb desk 2nd Sep 2013 and got my RA status manually re-instated and my RA pack arrived 13th Sep , 11days to create, post and arrive in amsterdam.