FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:22 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by tcook052
Instead of doing so why not simply provide links to the individual forums where that info already resides? For example the Mileage Run Discussion forum sticky here already has an overview of search tools including 'How To' threads on ITA.

MHO would be to use InfoDesk sticky+wiki as a portal with hyperlinks to the other fora not a place to try and store all the pertinent details from every corner of FT, though that's merely MHO.
Don't disagree with you at all. Where others have done it better, let's point there. But let's be sure to point there. Right now, there's nothing. I answered a newbie's question about ITA stuff, and not knowing where to start, I just did a site:flyertalk.com ITA query to find some relevant threads (fortunately, I had a decent idea what I was looking for). Note that some of the threads I uncovered were NOT in the MR Discussion forum but rather in Travel Tools or elsewhere. Those threads would not be covered by your suggestion, so let's make sure we capture those, too, somehow.