FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:20 pm
jhuck

Programs: AA,UA,BA,SPG,IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, UR, MR
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Has anyone tried buying Hilton Gift cards ? It costs $1.95 ( shipping) to see if it works.

I won't have a chance to use my ~ 15K remaining points before the AF so rather than just take ~$75 in cash I may give it a shot.

I don't see anything in the wiki about GC's being successful or denied but according to Barclay I should be good.

You can redeem your miles for travel and cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Travel statement credit redemptions start at 2,500 miles for $25, for any travel purchase within the last 90 days. A Travel purchase is defined as: Airlines, Travel Agencies & Tour Operators, Hotels, Motels & Resorts, Cruise Lines, Passenger Railways and Car Rental Agencies. Cash back statement credit redemptions start at 2,500 miles for $12.50. Gift card redemptions start at 5,000 miles for $25. Merchandise redemption values vary based on what you are redeeming for. To view all of your reward options or to redeem, please visit the Manage your rewards page.
Another option would be to redeem 8900 points to cover the annual fee, then just go on using the card and earning more points for another year. My annual fee's not due for some time, but I've read that you can do this.