FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:12 pm
ordbkk

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by cfischer
did you ask them to fix it? They were willing to help w/ the CA situation and probably had no idea you wanted to use the 72-hr visa-free transit.
I didn't mention the Visa issue specifically, but I did ask for alternate flights, because leaving earlier meant we'd be taking an additional day vacation from work. The rep searched but could not find any other flights with award space (and I find the same problem when I search). There is no award space for 10 days before or after our intended departure.

We have since explained the United snafu to our employers and worked out the extra day off, and that's when I sat down to examine the impact to our itinerary and noticed we'd need to extend our hotel reservation and run afoul of the TWOV limit.

This has been a very frustrating aspect of the whole thing: United has been unwilling to restore our reservation if it could not be done as a saver award. There are revenue seats on our original flights, and other flights that we find satisfactory, but we were told the single United flight is our only choice despite how much it conflicts with our plans.