FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dual Citizenship & Advanced Passenger Information
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JTHKG
Hi All,

I am traveling from HKG to Buenos Aires transiting via the USA.

With API, I was told that I can only check-in with one passport. I plan on checking in with my Canadian passport so that I don't need a US transit visa. However, my flight from the US to EZE is on the same itinerary. Would it be an issue if I show my Hong Kong passport to enter Argentina which would not match with the APIS details? I want to avoid paying the reciprocity fee for Canadian citizens. Vice-versa, would it be an issue if I use my HK passport at check-in and present my Canadian passport at US Immigration for transit cause I would need a US transit visa if I were just to use the HK passport? I don't want to be denied boarding. Thanks a lot.
It is possible for a person in your situation to present the Canadian passport for checking in for the trip from HKG to the US and from the US to EZE while flashing your HK passport to show you don't need to have paid and received the online/sticker reciprocity fee amount for Canadians heading to Argentina.

If the check-in agent at HKG gives you a problem, just tell them to check you in to the US and you will re-checkin in the US for the US-EZE trip. If it comes to this, then you can choose to present whichever passport you wish and which gives you less hassles with the airline and/or government authorities.