FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Severe Peanut Allergy
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 am
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I hava non-peanut, but, very similar story that I think will be of interest to some, and possibly a tad amusing in the end . . . .

As I have posted before, I own a limo company, and we do mostly airport transportation. Last week, we had a call from a woman who wanted her daughter (35-40ish) picked up at the airport. The woman seemed VERY particular and needy, making sure that the car was clean, smoke free, yada yada, TONS of questions and requirements. After she booked the pickup, late the night before, the daughter called to reconfirm the pickup, and . . . . .

Now she says she needs a driver that does NOT wear cologne. I told her I would do the best I could, but it was a little late for me to have to juggle an entire day's schedule on short notice. She said - - "You don't understand - I'm not just allergic to cologne - I have an inhalation / respiratory problem and IT'S A LIFE AND DEATH ISSUE!!" - - Seriously!

OK, I was able to change my schedule around to get her a driver that doesn't wear cologne. While she was in the car with the driver, she was on the phone with USAirways. . . .

----> She was calling to complain that, while she was on the plane - in FIRST CLASS - the pax next to her was wearing cologne, and she asked to have him moved - - - but, instead, THEY MOVED HER BACK TO Y!!! <----

Of course, I don't know if it was a paid F seat, or an UG, but this story just seemed to have similarities to the peanut allergy thing. The end result just made me

I just don't know if I should feel bad for her condition, sympathetic that she was moved back to Y, or just "LOL" because she comes across as extremely needy and was relegated to Y!

Any thoughts?