FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:48 pm
travelswithmyself

Hi BigEd,

How did having a guide (David Ramos) help? Since you had a MP guidebook anyway... Was he really useful in the Sacred Valley or was he more of a private driver?

Also, with regards to the 3rd person rule, I presume you are referring to C&P rates? Not standard paid rates right?

Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
I see a lot of people recommending DUP tours. I tried hard to give them my business but they always took their time answering emails and phone calls/skypes. Maybe they are good in person but, when they don't respond, I get nervous.

Went with a guide David Ramos, who is also written up here and in TA. He did a good job of adapting to what our group needed.

We stayed 3 nights at TdI: was fine, did not like the resto, and did not like the overpricing that they tried on tours and for 3rd person in the room. Try Quenela resto outside in the town, about 10 min walk.

We stayed overnight in AC and had 2 days at MP. I debated beforehand if I day would be enough and am extremely happy my wife insisted that we take our time. It was expensive to do it this way but you have time to see everything at MP. We did the "extras" of Sun Gate and Inka Bridge one day and the sunrise and HP the next. We self-guided with a MP guidebook and that allowed us to never feel rushed (unlike tour guide experience).

You are spending a lot of money to get to MP and you will most likely never return, so don't shortchange yourself on the time you spend there.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; Apr 18, 2014 at 5:02 pm