FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:57 pm
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by lewende
I also checked the first victim's CA flight information, lots of F and A availability - there is no point for CA to cancel an O seat to free up an F/A space.
If that's the case, what possible motive could anyone (CA or rogue TA) have for cancelling confirmed reservations using pilfered PNR codes? What's the point?

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I guess I am a little surprised that UA hasn't stepped up a bit more here - I mean I can understand if one person has a freak cancellation from china - but to have multiple on FT alone (which means likely MANY, MANY more are having the same problem) points to a much larger issue going on.

...I am underwhelmed with the "Sorry there is nothing we can do" response...
The first page of the UA service recovery playbook says: do nothing. Second: blame weather. As someone said upthread, UA resists doing anything for you until someone applies pressure, which is why DOT complaints, media alerts, or both might be advisable here.