FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:57 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ordbkk
We had plenty of plans that would have been lost had United not found award space on their own flights. So we are lucky there. However, rather than departing in the evening hours after work, the flights we are left with leave earlier in the morning so we both must take off additional time from work. That is equivalent to money lost in my eyes.

(There were other options in the evening, but on other carriers. United felt the only solution they could offer us was seats on their own planes)
OP, do you mind to reveal what CA flights you were originally booked?

This thing is scary. We have a long haul CA F in our Sept trip. So far the reservation seems intact per the Saudia site, except the first UA segment has a schedule change but the website prevents me to accept it because the schedule change notice (red message) is associated to the Waitlisted I segment, but not to the confirmed YN segment. My intention is to leave it along till August in vain hope that the I would clear by then.... so I could accept the schedule change online.