FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:53 pm
ordbkk

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by zhuzheng
Many travel agencies in China have legal access to (view) ALL reservations, including those not originally booked through them, in the Travelsky system, a Chinese GDS/CRS used by most Chinese carriers including CA, CZ, MU... It's widely known in China that personal reservation information has been leaked from some agencies. Although the agencies cannot directly cancel the reservations booked from elsewhere, they can find those with 016- ticket numbers and easily cancel them by visiting united.com.
Speaking of leaked personal information... the new flights that United booked for us still have the original PNR. Granted if my original flight was canceled because somebody wanted our seats on Air China, my reservation won't interest them... but I find it a little odd that United would respond to my claims of a fraudulent cancellation with another reservation protected by the very same information that was leaked in the first place.