FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:22 am
JohnAx

Originally Posted by jmr851
Hello everyone. This is a British Airways question for those who know about their First Class product. My wife, myself, and my 1 1/2 year old child will all be traveling in November from SFO to LHR on a BA 747-400 in first. Currently we are in seats 5F & 5K. I have been told that being in 5F & 5E might be better with a baby. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I appreciate all of your input and advise. Thank you in advance.
E and F are adjacent with a partition that can be raised or lowered, so you can kind of reach over to touch the child. But there's shelf space, so it's not all that convenient. Speaking as adults, you can pass something to your SO but hugging would be awkward, if that makes any sense.

F and K are across an aisle which, in First, will not be all a-buzz with traffic so at least when the seatbelt sign is off you can be in full physical contact in a step or two. To walk from E to F you go forward past row 4, which would be equivalent to at least 2 rows in coach. Not a pack-a-lunch trip, but more than a few steps.

The above assumes a 747. 777 isn't as "pointy" since the cockpit is there, but it's the same idea.