FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking leftovers home from fancy restaurants
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:35 pm
Yahillwe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Cloudship
I am not lawyer, but...

Wile I agree the best option would be to order just enough that you will eat everything, personally I would think less of a Lawyer if I watched him order something, eat half of it, and just wave off the rest. If he is going to throw away the rest of his meal, how is he going to treat my money? I would rather see frugality than waste. But that is from someone who rarely gets to eat in fancy places.
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I completely agree -- perception is everything in these situations; that's why I included "don't over-order" in my post.
When I get invited to either friends houses (whom I know are bad cooks) or to a restaurant with friends, I normally have a small bite to eat before hand, no matter what, crackers etc. This way, I don't stay hungry or over order, and can have a small plate and finish it. One doesn't need to order those big plates. Sometimes a couple of "appetizers" are more than enough. Or skip that, or ask for the veal without the pasta but with a small salad. There is a hundred ways to skin a cat and not look bad.

I taught my kids that they NEVER EVER EVER, no matter how much the host insists on ordering, they should always should order the most moderately priced dish.