FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip report Vietnam: 4 nights Park Hyatt Saigon, 9 nights Amanoi
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 am
Musken

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
So pleased that you've had the issues you encountered sorted out - Groombridge and that you have a fabulous stay. However in a "Luxury" property should you have to contact the manager - what about those who don't read FT and don't know who to contact!
I agree on the quiet pool - 2 noisy adults can be more annoying that 2 noisy kids. I do think there are some who occasionally leave their children at home and don't want to be disturbed by others offspring. It is the Easter Holidays and I imagine there would be more families there.
I agree in general, but in Amanresorts (most) there is really close contact between the GM/other senior management and the guests. They always come around to chat, and talking to them about possible issues is just natural. If you do not read FT or usually go to Amans, you might not realise that is is the GM you talk to. I did not know this during my first Aman visits, but was always taken very well care of by the people I talked to.

On the other hand, during such repetitive issues as Groombridge had with housekeeping, I would have asked to talk to the manager in charge anyway.