FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EB disappears from reservation, anyone else
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:03 am
Gullywhumper

Originally Posted by ursine1
I've had this happen in the past; since I thought I was checked in I didn't bother to do so until I got to the airport, so I ended up with a C-something position. They won't do anything except refund your EBCI fee (eventually). I bit the bullet and paid $40 at the gate, after trying unsuccessfully to have them make any accommodations.

Related: You now cannot see if an upcoming reservation has EBCI attached when viewing My Travel > Upcoming Trips. There used to be a small red "EB" icon, but that's no longer displayed. I did discover that if you select Change Reservation, it's displayed on the following screen… and have written WN to ask if this is a permanent change or technical glitch, but haven't received a reply yet.

Since it's no longer displayed until you try to change a reservation, I can't see if I still have EBCI on my reservations that Southwest changed manually as part of the schedule adjustment. Urgh. I did call and ask about this and was assured the EBCIs were still there… I guess I'll find out for sure when I check in for those flights. I'll try to remember on those to not wait until I'm at the airport.
The red "EB" icon shows up if you use "View/E-Mail Air Reservation" from the "Travel Tools" pull down menu in the upper right corner.