FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EB disappears from reservation, anyone else
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:48 am
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Ceres

We both had EBCI and hers stayed when I rebooked via the phone. Hers was a high number since I only added her a couple weeks ago, but this ticket was bought in October so mine would have been a very low A. Mine somehow got lost. According to CS when I did it, this is the only way to not lose the EBCI is do it is on the phone with a reservation agent.

I will take both of your suggestions. I suggested to the CS that I would take one of the slots that are not occupied by BS and was told that ticket would cost more. I explained to her it was not my fault, it was theirs.....
I'm not surprised the CS didn't give you a BS BP (I'm not sure they could without having you pay to upgrade to a BS fare), but a sympathetic GA may comp you Upgraded Boarding If you politely explain your situation and have the documentation.

Since your companion's BP is a good number, let me revise to....
You might want to try cancelling your BP last minute to try and re - check - in and they would get the earliest available non-BS position, which may be quite early if someone else ahead of you changes or cancels their reservation.

...it can definitely work - I have seen C group BPs become A group.

I am glad you were able to keep her EBCI. Practically speaking, just have her save you a seat if all else fails - this is certainly a situation where I wouldn't feel bad about seat saving.