FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EB disappears from reservation, anyone else
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:00 am
Ceres

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Did both your reservation and the companion reservation have EBCI?

I don't think that a reservation with a companion itinerary attached can be changed without cancelling and rebooking the companion itinerary. So, any companion EBCI would be lost.

You can plead your case to the GA if you want, but the only thing they might be able to do is unused BS slots or let you board with Family Boarding after A group.

You might want to try cancelling your companion's BP last minute to try and re - check - in and they would get the earliest available non-BS position, which may be quite early if someone else ahead of you changes or cancels their reservation.
We both had EBCI and hers stayed when I rebooked via the phone. Hers was a high number since I only added her a couple weeks ago, but this ticket was bought in October so mine would have been a very low A. Mine somehow got lost. According to CS when I did it, this is the only way to not lose the EBCI is do it is on the phone with a reservation agent.

I will take both of your suggestions. I suggested to the CS that I would take one of the slots that are not occupied by BS and was told that ticket would cost more. I explained to her it was not my fault, it was theirs.....