FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WP: "D.C. resident: TSA agent questioned if license from nation’s capital was valid"
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:19 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
I noticed this morning while scanning the DC area news on WTOP.com that DC is moving forward with getting their driver's licenses in compliance with the Federal REAL ID requirements. http://www.wtop.com/109/3603648/Thou...d-new-licenses Texas licenses seem, as far as I can tell, to have all the information required by REAL ID but apparently the sharing via a Federal database and maybe the various "proofs of residency/citizenship" are an issue. I didn't spend a lot of time this morning researching what the issues are for Texas so I may be way off and there may be some other significant issues. I was a bit surprised at Texas' estimation of what it will or would cost to fully implement REAL ID, something in the neighborhood of $100M +/-. I did notice that Texas is what I'd call one of the "in the middle" states and they appear to be closer to compliance than a couple of dozen other states. I can't find a recent article but it doesn't appear that Texas has joined the couple of dozen or so states that are fighting REAL ID in court.