FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there really any difference in the ECONOMY CLASS flyer experience between airlines
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:52 am
HelloKittysMum

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by meducate
Originally Posted by librarygal
On an upcoming trip to Europe in 2015 we had the choice of a number of airlines to fly to London. Our friends and relatives all had their suggestions which one we should go on. Many of them really liked one airline over another.

I told them we would be flying coach and have no status or airline miles on any of them so a upgrade was out of the picture. Each of the choices were about the same price and had 31 inch pitch and 17.5 inch width. All offered food and video monitors and wide body planes.

So do you think our experience will be any different on one airline or another in economy class non stop from NYC to London?
You may find that the FAs and attitudes vary by carrier. Many people prefer the folks on VS over US-based and other UK-based carriers. There are many places to check for travel experiences in economy on all of the carriers, including YouTube...take your time and do the research. It'll be worth it
I would take any of the alternatives over VS - had a terrible (lazy, slovenly Crew Who discussed their boyfriend troubles while serving drinks, dirty uniorms with rips, Inedible food) flight LHR- MIA. just don It see Why people rate them.

I would pick based on route (convenience & timing)and price....