FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer to Delta
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:58 am
lalalandMCI

Programs: UA Silver finally, DL GM until next year, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I fly about 70% to international. Most of the rest is to NYC. I've been leaning toward Delta, because of their relationship with SPG (which I love and am truly loyal to).

I also pretty much insist on int. biz class -- if I can't upgrade to it, I pay for it. It seems like Delta often has very reasonable biz fares to Europe ($2700-$3700). AA seems more pricy -- though their seats might be better.
DL is more reasonable... but with either one for international there will be a connection involved. DL though has a lot of international lift out of SEA, and semi partner with AS on some flights to the west coast.

Originally Posted by Kacee
AA's new seats are better, but that's only on the 77W, which is currently in very limited usage. On the whole, DL's international fleet is much more likely to have lie-flats. This is one area in which UA still wins, with 100% lie-flats on long-haul international.

Out of SFO, if you're looking at DL or AA for international, there is literally zero nonstop lift - you'll be connecting through SEA/SLC/DTW/ATL (DL) or LAX/DFW/ORD (AA). So I think the partners become key for international, and IMO AA, with BA and CX, wins this one hands-down.
AA with BA/CX is probably the best in terms of network you could hope for. DL has the best service/seats for the price. UA has the best non stops out of SFO. I think that is a tough decision. I personally have a bad taste in my mouth for DL, but that was mainly at my home airport, never had any major problems elsewhere other than weather. AA seems to have their stuff together as well, and I think you might be able to qualify for Concierge Key, AA's GS essentially.