FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer to Delta
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:10 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I fly about 70% to international. Most of the rest is to NYC. I've been leaning toward Delta, because of their relationship with SPG (which I love and am truly loyal to).

I also pretty much insist on int. biz class -- if I can't upgrade to it, I pay for it. It seems like Delta often has very reasonable biz fares to Europe ($2700-$3700). AA seems more pricy -- though their seats might be better.
AA's new seats are better, but that's only on the 77W, which is currently in very limited usage. On the whole, DL's international fleet is much more likely to have lie-flats. This is one area in which UA still wins, with 100% lie-flats on long-haul international.

Out of SFO, if you're looking at DL or AA for international, there is literally zero nonstop lift - you'll be connecting through SEA/SLC/DTW/ATL (DL) or LAX/DFW/ORD (AA). So I think the partners become key for international, and IMO AA, with BA and CX, wins this one hands-down.