FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL E U/G plus $500
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:03 pm
danapop

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by newbie elite
Actually, small claims court (25k limit in ON) is pretty painless and he has excellent chances of winning using some of the arguments posted in here. AC would probably not even show up...

I am on the side that the 2 are involved in making a purchasing decision no matter what drivel AC spews to serve themselves.
There is no case here, period. I challenge anyone on this forum to find a reference to e-upgrades in the terms of carriage outlined in the OPs ticket. If you can find something there, then you have a case. If you cannot, then there is nothing left to discuss.

Again, Ill point out that the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EUPGRADES state you need a minimum of a flex fare. No where on the flex fare does it mention eupgrades. You are applying terms and conditions of a completely separate program to suit your case. It doesnt work like that.

Furthermore, AC has not made flex ineligible for upgrades. The ability to upgrade as outlines when the OP bought his ticket still stands, he just now needs to pay a co-pay.

I really want to point out that I am in NO WAY defending AC as the way this rolled out was pretty shaddy and absolutely in bad faith. But ticket terms were not changed, and therefore no right to recourse.