FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: CX J from a BA Gold perspective
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:01 pm
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by CX828
Nice TR so far, glad to see you having a good trip.

It does amuse me how precious BA folks are about their Club World Seat! This seat is supposedly voted world best, and many agree it is miles ahead of the BA seat which is really last generation now.. I personally can't bare having to crawl over someone, and hate how the whole seat creaks about when the other passenger moves. Anyways each to their own!
To be fair, I've never had to crawl over someone (I've always been fortunate enough to snag 62/64 A/K, or either an aisle on the first row or a window in the last row, or the pair of middle seats in the last row), but even then, not a huge deal really compared with what it must be like to fly in Y.

I'm probably the last person to defend BA, and the BA seats definitely are tired in places: small IFE screens, creakiness on older seats, bad footrest design (though it is nice to adjust the height), not much personal space besides the drawer except for upper deck window seats, bad location for power cable, etc. I just find the actual BA CW seat to be a bit more comfortable for a long flight than the CX seat, but also, not everyone has the same body type/shape/height!

I think I actually complain more about BA F though as I expect more from F. I really find the non-adjustable IFE screen to be a bad flaw in that you cannot rotate it when you want to lay back.