FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TATL E U/G plus $500
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:06 pm
jarusoba

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Lllahim
It is not surprising that all the posters who support AC in this thread are SE. When SEMM compares shopping for lower J fares to driving a full tank of gas to save 50c, I just wonder. SE has first choice everywhere yet some of them act as if a benefit to others is a loss by SE. They don't co-pay (yet). They defend their privilege with phrases like: business decision, this is how business works, choice, AC is in business to make money, more room for me, .... I see myself as a consumer out there to defend my interest. I also see the majority of us here as consumers. I am not oblivious to all the arguments about business but it is not my place to defend airline decisions that impact adversely on FF. AC has well paid professionals to do it for them. Now that practically all meaningful benefits have been stripped from the mid-tier, any more money from AC's golden egg Loyalty Program will have to come SE. Then watch them whine!
Sure. It's natural.

This SE has no loyalty to AC. But this SE also wants to fly non-stop or direct flights in J or F to Europe and Asia without transiting via the US. So far, only AC fits the bill.

If AC cuts SE benefits, I would still be SE, until there is another airline that can do non-stop or direct flights to Europe and Asia without transiting via the US. This is even true even if there were no possibility of upgrade and everybody had to pay for J.