FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:38 pm
ZBigFam

Originally Posted by pickles1107
Success with booking.com at Manchester GH in San Diego. Already had a pre-existing reservation at $207/night using My Elite Rate. Booking.com had a non-rufundable of $207/night. First agent at Diamond Line told me that this is the exact rate I am already booked at, but when I asked her to compare the public rates a new BRG agent came on the phone and got it done. He reiterated that this was the rate I already had booked, but that they would offer the lower price based on the publicly available rates. Only downside was that I had a DSU from last year applied to the original reservation. When they updated, I lost that one and had to use a new one. They also checked availability to make sure the DSU could be used. Not sure what I would have done had the DSU not been available - likely would have kept the original reservation at $207.
Thanks Pickles. I had a Points and cash reservation for 7/27-7/31. Priceline and booking.com showed price for a room at 223, while hyatt was at 279. brg accepted and new rate at 178. while its more expensive than my points with cash cost per night, i get 40K in points back and by my math save a few dollars. Thanks again.