FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does India allow domestic flights through other countries?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:52 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My intra-India tickets involving LEH/IXJ/SXR tend to be at a higher cost per economy class mile flown than on my intra-US trips of comparable distance.

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
I wouldn't deny having come across an option to fly BOM-SHJ-GOI and return on AirArabia, for a fare cheaper than the direct flight, last Diwali..!
What do you make of that? Apparently one person from BOM reported that it would be cheaper than a direct BOM-GOI fought during Diwali. If you have a passport and want to save a penny at the expense of time, some will do those kind of things and have.

Originally Posted by hyho61
Yes these are the persons who have been deported and have "lost" the passport. They are issued temporary travel authorization by the local Indian embassy, valid only for travel to India (after proving themselves as Indian nationals).
Not only those. For example, other Indian authorizations have been provided to foreign citizens, including on the direction from PMO. The first time I knew about this in relation to India was for funeral arrangements where certain foreign-citizens were to be assisted in their attendance only to have to be supplied with US or EU passports to depart back.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 15, 2014 at 7:58 am