FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:09 pm
Archieflyer

Originally Posted by BryanHuang
Okay did some homework and would like to check with the "Experts" before I make my applications. Please let me know if there are cards more suitable for me!
If you want to maximise your miles earn, consider the following cards.

UOB Visa Signature - 4 miles/$ on all overseas charges, minimum $1k maximum $2k per month
UOB Preferred Platinum Amex - 4 miles/$ on all F&B charges; ie restaurants, etc

Re: hotel bookings
This depends on your travel profile. If you travel frequently (which seems to be the case based on your post) and are able to stick to one or two chains, it is definitely better to book directly with the hotel for the points and status. With status, you get perks like free internet, free breakfast, or even just free bottled water!, which helps save money in the long run.

ANZ Travel Visa is a good card for general use at places that do not accept Amex (those that do, use the PRVI Miles Amex). It's also a source of cheapish miles for income tax, and if you can hit the spending requirements, the processing fee for income tax payment is waived. So, that's worth considering.