FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most efficient way to MS if cost isn't an issue?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:20 pm
neworleans flyer

Most efficient way to MS if cost isn't an issue?

I am relatively new to the MS world and stumbled upon it ~4 months ago with VR/BB and then moved on to AP. I know I missed out on amazing 10+ years but at least I got a nice little run on these. I have been researching these forums and the blogs for the past few weeks about my next move and every time I think I have found the next VR, I see/read about all sorts of problems or issues (loading issues with broken Kates, USPS MO, Wally cashiers being clueless, Paypal shutting you down, etc.).

My goal (like most people who MS) is for international business class tickets and have found numerous companies online that will 'sell' you either Membership Reward points or Ultimate Rewards points for 1.8 cents per point. That to me, is the number to beat, as I am financially able to afford the tickets at that price but it never hurts to try and get something cheaper.

So my question is what (in your experience) is the least time consuming/easiest/most likely to work method of MS? It's up to each person to decide how many hoops they are willing to jump through by buying GC on portals to use to buy debit cards and so on before they decide it's too much of a hassle. Yes, I know that everyone pretty much agrees that the VR/BB was the easiest way to MS but even that method had it's detractors for "costing too much".

So what's a time constrained MS'er to do to make life easy? And is sticking to paying for Membership Rewards or UR as close to easy street as I'm gonna get?