FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Kiosk Process for Green Card Holders
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:11 pm
nycflyer75

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Global Entry Kiosk Process for Green Card Holders

Originally Posted by zig666
Same experience last Friday in Toronto. Wouldn't do anything with the Card. Tried the manual lookup, but only got a "Permanent Residents must use their greencard" message, so had to see an agent. Bummer...
I used the new machines for the first time at YYZ terminal 3 pre-clearance and I could not figure out, how to use the glass surface (scan passports) to pull up the info on the back of my green card. I put the card on the glass and nothing happened. After a minute of pushing buttons I saw that there is an option for document not reading. It asked for passport or permanent resident card. I clicked on that and entered my card number. It worked. Finger prints scanned and confirmed, my photo was taken rather quick without an option or countdown. The customs screen now has the Food section in detail rather than food (so I have heard from other post).

Verified my flight details, though I am curious since my green card was not scanned when I checked in at the Detail counter. She only scanned my passport and looked at the card sitting on the counter to confirm I have authorized entry, so how did they know which flight I was on?

Handed my print out to the customs guy and he stamped my boarding card with "Nexus' which meant I could use the Nexus security lane. Overall I am excited to have Global Entry but wish they had shown me how to use the machine at JFK when I went for my interview. (I didn't even get to see the video presentation since they took me in right away then did not show me how to use the machine, saying its very simple!)

So now how do we actually use the machines? The old and the new? I have another trip coming up and will be coming back through JFK T4.