FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - la casa que canta...questions (Zihuatanejo, Mexico)
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:17 pm
welch

I echo Larkin's sentiments about LCQC. I visited this past December and it's a true favorite. I've stayed at the resort yearly for the last few years and have never been disappointed.

Did I miss a mention of the fact that they don't allow children under the age of 16? A plus for me, particularly in an intimate setting such as this.

The private residences are truly wonderful although it's now my understanding that the hotel will only book those rooms to individuals under extenuating circumstances. I've come to prefer a suite such as #2 to the pool suites in the Luna building for space in the suite itself.

As to Capella Ixtapa, I have a difference of opinion there. I stayed at that resort when it first opened and very much enjoyed it. Although it's still relatively new, I feel the maintenance has not been stellar.
My last visit I was kept awake nights by the squeaking sound of the funicular. Despite changing rooms, this persisted. There were other issues and I wouldn't personally return until I am certain that maintenance is up to snuff.