FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free breakfast most requested thing by biz travelers...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:45 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've traveled a lot under both systems (keep all receipts vs. flat per diem). Either way, I hate paying for breakfast.

Part of it is that it's just annoying. Another part is that many hotels offer no reasonably-priced middle option. If typical street value for a breakfast in a given city is, say, five bucks, then my choices at the hotel will be $0 (don't eat) or a $25 buffet.

The whole breakfast situation irks me slightly less if you can get the middle-ground via a Starbucks in the lobby or nearby. But not much...at the end of the day, if I have a viable choice between Courtyard and another brand, I'm booking the other brand. And if I *do* have to stay at a Courtyard, I'm going to do whatever I can to avoid spending a dime in the hotel. If I was at a CY that had the Bistro with the small items...and they allowed me to earn points on the spending...I might be tempted. (Might...)

It's kind of a shame considering there are some good newer Courtyard properties in the system.