FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free breakfast most requested thing by biz travelers...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:30 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I don't get it... mist biz travellers are on expenses account. why would they care about a usually mediocre free breakfast? I could understand if you are on holiday with wife and two kids to pay for, but when I'm on the road the hotel is the last place I want to eat.
I'm on an expense report. If I spend more than a certain amount per person on a meal, it needs to be approved. The few times I've exceeded the amount it's been approved without question, so the issue isn't cost. It's convenience. Who has the time to wait in line behind several other people followed by sitting at a table until your choice has been microwaved and is brought to your seat? Your stuck with the options on the menu, which is always either more or less than what you want.

Give me a CL or a cheap free breakfast buffet where I can run in, grab what I want, quickly eat and be done with breakfast. I'm in hotels 150 or so nights a year. Who wants to spend 20 minutes a day - or 3,000 minutes annually, on what can be done in five minutes, or 750 minutes annually?