FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help plan our trip - Greece for 21 days
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:25 am
alluu

Help plan our trip - Greece for 21 days

We are planning to go to Greece for up to three weeks in late May / early June or early July depending on my work schedule. We will be flying to ATH from SFO. Neither of us have been there so we are open to suggestions on where to go and where to stay. The places she has suggested that we go are Athens, Zakynthos, Mykonos, Santorini and Rhodes. Athens (since we are flying into there) and Santorini are high on the list. We are open to other islands as well - we just need suggestions. The plan is to spend about 4 days in each place. In terms of what we are looking for - 1) beaches / resorts, 2) history / sightseeing, 3) food, 4) shopping / towns, 5) nightlife. Should we rent a car? Is it fairly easy to get around with a car? What order should we see the places with consideration as to how we would get to each island (ferry or by air)? Should we book ferries / flights in advance? Anything else?

If it gets us anything in terms of perks, I'm UA Platinum (so we will be taking a Star Alliance flight), SPG Gold, Hilton Gold and Hyatt Platinum. I don't see many hotel options with the major hotels except SPG. Thanks.