FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Hotels — General Advice and Discussion [consolidated]
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:18 am
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by anbrand
Thank you all for your suggestions but as per quote, the Marriott 2500 ai was to hard to resist. Writing from pool side now, it is not the best I've visited and surely not what I asked you guys for but it is fair enough. I am usually not a Marriott guy but this place perhaps makes me reconsider at least on visits to BKK.

I visited a number of roof top bars in BKK but the three floor one here comes second to none. I much prefere the location then to be further up the road out of Nana reasons and yes whackyjacky there was indeed some chi chi dining to choose from in Thonglor-Ekkamai, ended up at Soul Food Mahanakorn at soi 55, perhaps not so chi chi but ooh so yummy.

Requested a late check out that was denied to my surprise as a non member (asking for 9:30 PM). As they asked 4600B for another night I went ahead and booked another one at 2500B ai and returned with mail voucher to reception

On the redeye to PEK with TG later so chilling out till then.

Once again thank you all and I'll for sure consider several of the proposed properties when returning to BKK.

/anbrand
You're surprised they denied a 9:30pm c/o. You would not even get that with the highest elite status 99% of the time.

I like both CC properties as well and also the 4 Points (only 3-4000 pts, which is a steal for location and property). They are all near Nana and not far too from Soi Cowboy either...All are guest friendly as well, if that matters.