FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Canada: Travel insurance questions [Consolidated]
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:40 am
DanTravel

When does Amex Canada consider a "missed connection" as part of it's travel insurance

I've used my Canadian Amex Platinum travel delay insurance benefits a few times, but it was always when a flight was cancelled for whatever reason.

How do the benefits apply, let's say, when you miss a connection. There are a few reasons you could miss a connection, incoming flight was delayed, or airport was much busier than usual and you couldn't make it to your next flight in time.

I'm asking because I have a 0:55h international connection coming up in Frankfurt.

If the connection is missed, does anyone know the criteria Amex will use to determine my $1000 benefit expense claim?

If my first flight is delayed, I think it's a no brainer. However, if I arrive at the airport, and certain criteria come into play that are not the fault of any one airline. Let's say the airport is overly crowded and the customs line is backed up much longer than it should be and I miss the flight. Or, I walk at my regular pace, and miss the flight - but I could have made it if I had ran for it.

Has anyone had any experience here with this type of scenario.

My Amex is a (Canadian) Platinum Amex.