FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:11 pm
hobo13

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We don't generally discuss members publicly, but I am going to break that rule this once. I had the pleasure of working with Gary for several years when both of us were senior moderators. He was exceptionally good at the task. He worked hard for many years to make FlyerTalk the place that it is. It's his choice to now expend his considerable talents elsewhere, as is the right for anyone who finds a business opportunity or passion they want to pursue. He will always have considerable good will with me.
Appreciate the comment. I've never met him, but from everything I've read and heard, Gary is an honorable guy.

I think he generally posts what he believes, and in this case, I think he actually still trusts AA. I've certainly had my share of relationships go south where I refused to believe what all of my friends were telling me!

So yeah, I've made jokes on his (and Ben's) blogs about Gary being on the payroll of AA, but they really are just jokes. I honestly think he's posting what his heart wants to believe rather than what his head knows to be true.