FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:49 am
denuaflier

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Rant - CO people need to get off their high horses...Paging UA Insider

Mods - this is not a rant about up fare but rather about CO people lecturing their customers.

I am flying DEN - IAH - XXX Sunday. XXX is an international destination w one fight per day. I have 1:26 hours layover in IAH.

Knowing there is a snow event forecast for DEN Sunday, I thought I would try to protect myself on an earlier flight to allow for de-icing time. If I miss my connecting flight, it is a trip in vain.

I call and ask an agent in Tampa. She says they will have to charge a change fee and difference in fare. I say in that case, I will call tomorrow when I am within 24 hours. That should be the end of the call.

Instead she started lecturing me about how my fare was a discounted up fare and how those require change fee even within 24 hours (I know that to be false as long as P class is open). So I told her that I purchased this ticket on the website looking for a business class ticket and the website offered me this ticket. She started saying that the website warns you when one tries to purchase these discounted up fare. I told her there is no warning on the website and I will be happy to see if she can walk me through a booking where it shows that. I told her to fix their IT systems with exactly what she was suggesting rather than lecturing me. She than says our IT people know what they are doing and insisted that it was on the website.

Where do these people get off talking such nonsense?

Last edited by denuaflier; Apr 11, 2014 at 9:17 am Reason: typo