FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) [2014-2016]
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:15 pm
reclusive46

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by percysmith
The original charge - the lack of USD refund (void charge) sounds like my experiences at Gallaries Lafayette (Montparnesse too) and Harrods Knightsbridge.

Surprised the clerk can key in your card but probably cos its a hotel she took your payment as if it's a phone booking - many other merchants won't be able to do that.

I won't bother complaining to Accor - just like writing to /dev/null or Zhongnanhai.
I'd chargeback them to get even - both the original rort charge and the improperly-handled refund. i will make it very clear to the bank that I'm not seeking a handout from them, but paperwork grief from Accor.
Actually you can key the card number in on an emv terminal like you can on any us terminal. You just type it in when it says insert, swipe or tap card. It's just some merchants will refuse to key the card. I've had to do it once or twice when a card wouldn't swipe and then do a manual imprint (apart from Amex where the 4 digit code is good enough to prevent chargeback).