FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Angry about AAdvantage devaluation / vent / what can I do? (April 2014, consolidated)
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:12 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerhog
This is one of the pitfalls of social media. There's only so much you can say within 200 characters or less. Do something more concrete like writing a letter or cancelling your AA cards.
Or writing in to US Congress or DOT about regulation of these programs and an amendment to modernize the Airline Deregulation Act? Unfortunately, I expect that to be useless at this point too.

This is a reduced competition environment, so the impact of doing anything individually is probably marginal at best. I'll just shop around more and be less likely to make purchase decisions based on the "loyalty" program -- actually that's sort of hard for me to do, as I've never been an airline or alliance captive and fly enough and play the game ok enough to level the playing field for myself. It will be harder going forward, but I expected that to happen following the government favors and waivers granted the industry's big players -- which is why I was critical of various DOJ ATD actions/inactions related to the industry in the last several years. At this point too, shopping around and being promiscuous in the approach to business relationships in the market makes sense for me. YMMV.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 9, 2014 at 3:24 am