FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Angry about AAdvantage devaluation / vent / what can I do? (April 2014, consolidated)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:53 pm
Pinned

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Herb687
Maybe ol' Drinkin' Doug Parker will get yet another DUI and this problem will solve itself.
Still blown away that anyone with that little 1. self control 2. decision making prowess 3. responsibility would be supported as the CEO of the world's largest airline. That's not even the type of person I'd trust working an entry level job, let alone running a large company.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I think you're fooling yourself if you think (insert random corporate C-level suit here) would have done much differently than the current CEO.

Again, look at that list of airlines I posted. Can you think of an example of an airline in the past 5 years serving a significant portion of North America that has NOT in some way devalued their frequent flyer program- changing award levels for the worse, eliminating elite benefits, slapping on fees, and the like?
Neither Delta nor United have become wildly profitable, even with all the money they're saving. AA has been making a profit. Rarely do those following the heard end up becoming market leaders.

AA has done well as of late by not making the mistake that everyone else has been making.