FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Family Hawaii Trip!
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:15 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by eunduklee
Hello fellow FTers

This will be my first family trip that i planned out and will be all paid for me; because my parents did one heck of a job making me into who i am today.

I managed to get an awesome hotel deal $10 a night and was wondering if i can get advice what to do in Honolulu as a family. Best way or discounts for activities such as snorkeling? whale watching? <- (my mom wants to do that) golf <- (my dad) and etc.

Budget i would like it to be around $500 (but im thinking thats going to be really hard so +200 - +300 at max)

For rental car i found out that Enterprise is doing $9.99 a day promotion just for the weekend so i thought about jumping on that.

This is my itinerary

May 3-6 honolulu
May 7-9 maui
May 10-11 honolulu

Please let me know! and thank you in advance.
I'm taking my two kids next week as I was fortunate enough to get in on the DL F class mistake right after Xmas. I was not fortunate enough to get in on the Ala Moana Hotel Deal (either time LOL) which is what I presume you are referring too

Our trip is just six days so I decided to stay in HNL. If I were you, I would have done the HNL part in one swoop but thats water under the bridge.. just curious, how did you get the Ala Moana for two nights, isn't there a 3 night min or did they let you split it up?

I'm budgeting $300 (hoping it avg's to ~$250) per day excluding hotel (on points), airfare (paid for already $515 a/i for three in F) and car (which I haven't done yet, i"ll have to look at your enterprise deal). Just one event a day could run much of that. We will get b/f in the hotel, eat lunch at places like Jimmy Buffets (kids love that place) and probably try to find a steak house (suitable for kids, i.e., not high end) three times at least.

I'm not sure that you can do it on that budget. Well you can but how much can you do?

Discounts, there are others here that can tell you better than I, but I usually price things out the first day and go from there. We will snorkel, surf (probably 3X), go to the north shore and Pearl Harbor.. then we will be out of time. If I can squeeze it in, maybe take the Minnow out for a 3-hour tour