FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palacio del Inka, Cusco, Peru, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:03 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jmkclee
Thanks. Might blow another 30k points for another room (3 nights) as it looks like it will cost me $200 for the extra kids (1 per room). Bummer.
A few thoughts on this:

1. If it helps mitigated the pain in points, you could see if a cash plus points option is available for the nights you are there.
2. If getting enough nights and/or stays for Plat, Plat 75 or Plat 100 status is a concern for you, if you book three rooms at least you'll get three stays/nine nights out of this deal. I believe all rooms have to be in your name for this to happen, but check the relevant threads or ask SPG to be sure.
3. I believe (but am not certain) that another advantage of three rooms is that all six of you should get complimentary breakfasts due to your Plat status. Not certain if this would happen otherwise if squeezed into two rooms. Again, perhaps the FT wisdom or your calling SPG could clarify this.
4. Have a great trip!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Apr 8, 2014 at 5:49 pm