FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu Chicago - Master thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:23 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Following up post-stay (and answering my own lounge questions from above):

We arrived a little earlier than expected for our three night stay and went up to the lounge just after 9:00pm. There were a few snacks (there would have been more earlier in the evening, as we saw on subsequent days), soft drinks and juice, coffee (Nespresso machine), wine (generic-looking: a Prosecco plus red and white options from Argentina) and beer (reasonable selection: Peroni, Stella, Guinness and an enjoyable local brew, Argus's Holsteiner).

Breakfast in the lounge was limited but good. Decent bread rolls, bagels and bread for toasting, pastries, oatmeal, cream cheese, jam/marmalade and fresh fruit. Small amounts of fresh cheese were occasionally put out as well.

Check-in was the only real weak spot: the man who checked us in refused to answer any questions about wifi or newspapers ("you can look that stuff up on the TV in your room") and gave me incorrect times for breakfast in the lounge. On one occasion housekeeping forgot to replenish the coffee supplies in our room.

Everything else was very good. Our room (a Park suite) was extremely comfortable without being OTT "luxurious". Only one wash basin, which was fine for us but might present a challenge for those who need serious mirror time before heading out. There was a customised iPad in the room, but I couldn't find anything interesting on it.

Toiletries were by "This Works" rather than Anne Semonin. They seemed to be of good quality.

Gold benefits: high floor and a small bowl of Maltesers. There were also two glass bottles of water in addition to the two plastic bottles of water everyone gets, but both seem pretty pointless in a city with perfectly drinkable tap water.

We paid less for our suite than we would have paid for the cheapest available rooms at the Conrad, Intercontinental or Waldorf-Astoria on our dates. That, plus the lounge access, made this a very good deal. We'll be back.