FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:45 am
djohannw

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
UA Silver means Premier Silver. One small benefit of UA Silver is *S status. When you mention *S, even if you put UA near it, it is confusing because it sounds like you're getting the status from a different airline.
Honestly, I have no clue where you take that from. UA*S is the common designator quite a few *A airlines print on their boarding-pass to designate a Premier Silver - it is nowhere confusing nor ambigious. As for UA Silver: That may exist here, has no meaning in terms of the Horse's mouth, however, as that only uses a different term (Premier Silver) in all it's materials. But honestly - everybody knew what I was intending to relay (changing the frequent flyer number back from the temporarily assigned LH-number to my UA-number) so making such a fuss around this certainly was not warranted at all...

As for UA Gold, that you should definitely not refer to as *G, because that's ambiguous between several levels in the UA program.
From an UA-perspective that is true, as it is for SEN and HON from an LH-perspective. From any other *A-Airline' s view, all UA level above Silver are created equal (with some minor differentiation when biliteral agreements exist, e.g between LH and UA for the use of the arrival lounge).

And now for something completely different...

Greetings - Dirk