FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:24 am
TechMarauder

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by cloudybw
I was able to SDC on the last segment to get back earlier using the app. Ticket number did NOT change, so it was only revalidated (not reissued).

During an earlier trip, I was able to SDC to an earlier flight for the first segment by agent. Again, ticket number did not change.

I am not sure whether I can change routing directly using the app or agent (UA+LH -> UA nonstop). Has anyone had any similar successful story? How smooth did it go?
I did similar things with mine. I was on UA IAH-EWR-TLV. I did a SDC online when checking in to a later flight to reduce my cxn time from 4 to 2 hours in EWR. Ironically, when I called UA Premier Line, 1st person said they couldn't do it because it wasn't a UA ticket #, 2nd person said they could do it and it would be $1953.34... REALLY UA? It's comical that their olci did it with no issue at all (fare classes were available and they changed the res instantly without changing ticket #)