FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:19 am
mgcsinc

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by djohannw
Purely speaking semantics my statement is correct as I am holding *Silver status with United, so in short that comes to UA*S - no matter how UA calls that status internally, my designation is entirely correct. Additionally UA Silver is not referenced anywhere I have been reading about status in United's materials, the status I hold is always referrenced to as "Premier Silver" by the horse's mouth.

That said I understand the lingo here may differ, and I try to accustom myself to that...not for long though, as my Premier Gold (better?) will kick in as early as friday.

Greetings - Dirk
UA Silver means Premier Silver. One small benefit of UA Silver is *S status. When you mention *S, even if you put UA near it, it is confusing because it sounds like you're getting the status from a different airline.

As for UA Gold, that you should definitely not refer to as *G, because that's ambiguous between several levels in the UA program.