FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:35 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Staybridge - Las Vegas

- What is your Priority Club status?

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes - it was okay.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a King studio, which is what I got.

- How are the rooms?

Decent, although I had to move furniture to plug in my tablet while laying in bed; no sockets in the lamps, etc. In a studio there's a decent sized kitchen between the hall door and the bedroom area. Bathtub was huge, like a jet-less Jacuzzi.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Free shuttle serving airport and strip.
This was my first time with their evening Social Hour, which I found comparable to Homewood's evening reception; from the monthly menu posted, they seem to stick to more popular selections like hamburgers, rather than Asian Stir-Fry and such. Breakfast was good.
Check-in clerk was fine with a late check-out (instead of 11AM).
Internet speed seemed pretty good.

Bad:

Poor hot water: took forever to get hot for an evening bath, and never got above tepid for the next morning's shower.
Refrigerator cycling in room was rather loud.
Had to ask for elite benefits (points/goody bag), not offered at check-in.
No alcohol at Social Hour, nor any for sale at pantry.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

I felt I paid more than the room was worth for a studio and hot water issues. However, without a car it was great to have "dinner" included, as well as the expense of airport taxis. Probably a better deal using points than paying cash.