FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded at Mutianyu - how worried should I be?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:32 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catflyer
I agree, don't take a taxi.

Check out Simon Xiao (http://simon-service.com). Describe your whole itinerary, he'll quote you an exact amount up front, no bargaining needed. He'll take care of tolls, parking, show you exactly where to go, watch your luggage/etc. while you are on the wall. Loan you his spare phone with the "call Simon" button and help you navigate Beijing with his excellent English.

He'll meet you at the airport with a sign with your name and maximize your time for touring.
Already recommended in post #29

As moondog has said, not an option.

Have no interest in the detached from reality "Lost In Translation" style of tourism.

Every trip I take with my daughter on public transport is a pleasure and a privilege, generally an experience that enriches our lives. Car trips are something we endure. Started learning to drive, hated it, have no wish to drive or own a vehicle, am perfectly happy this way.

- As an aside, should be able to reduce the cost of luggage storage at PEK by popping all our cases into a gigantic bag (which we already own).

Have been tutored on how to pronounce 不用 谢谢

Looking forward to munching on the regular muddy Chinese grass fields with the rest of the cattle!