FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New QF lounge at HKIA is worth the visit.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 4:41 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I guess too many CX members trying to use it lately? I was promptly told no entry because of "capacity", they were very nice and apologetic about it, but denied entry.
that sucks. do you mind sharing what time of day?

would be a letdown to CX pax if this becomes commonplace. Especially given how generous CX has been with its own lounge policy at HKG, which has led to some rather crowded lounge spaces the last 5 years. As soon as QF builds a classy place at HKIA QF decides to selectively wall off CX members (if what you mention becomes commonplace).

I wonder if CX would start reciprocating by claiming overcrowding and denying QF fliers access to The Wing, Cabin, Bridge, etc. Lord knows The Wing and Cabin get packed. If CX doesn't deny QF pax that's definitely a letdown for CX pax at CX's home airport - essentially, from a lounge perspective, it would be better to fly QF than CX to Australia considering QF would enable all the lounges (presuming CX doesn't modify its lounge policy towards QF pax) whereas flying CX metal meant no access to QF. Small point but still seems like a slap in the face to CX.