FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:23 am
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Question is ....

Is it fair to "not share" the deal by not spoon feeding / circles + arrows / pictures / etc knowing full well all the details are available in the forum if someone takes the time to read?

You can tell people don't even bother reading a couple pages back with the repeat questions. And those are the people who are asking, multiply by your lurker factor.

How "fair" is it to the community to explicitly provide instructions likely resulting in quantity spikes which directionally can not help the aggregate community cause?

Is it too much to ask to set the filter at "read the thread"? I think it is fair to expect someone to invest the slightest amount of time to figure it out. They'll be better off for it. And it will keep rift raft out. Its not like the information isn't available, it is. Of course this won't stop the CC pimps from pushing new "solutions" to help you make that spend requirement.

It is not going to be difficult for CVS to add one more SKU to the banned list, they just went through the exercise and unless I'm missing something, the product is question is effectively the same as the banned ones in regards to liability/ cc fee/ supplier / etc, except a dollar in price. So how about we just let this lay and stop talking about it? Yes there are other alternatives, but continuing to explicitly lead the flock around isn't helping open up new ones faster than old ones are getting closed. Eventually the MS stool runs out of time/cost effective legs to stand on.
I get tired of reading the same questions every day as well and don't think people who obviously have put in no effort and have only posted once should be given detailed instructions. That being said telling someone to read the thread isn't all that useful either. This thread has 8500+ posts in it and a lot of those posts are completely useless now. I'm still trying to figure out what my next move is in NYC with the loss of VRs, although I have a general idea of what I am going to do and I am just trying to figure out the most cost effective method.