FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points.com buyer beware
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:20 pm
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by cubaninfla
I dont think is an scam but it is definitely a robbery. how would you pay so much to transfer points from account to another account when you earned those points flying, staying in hotels or expending money using your credit card. Some smart ... came out with this idea and some dumb ones fall into it. Think about it. My friend who for health problems cant travel anymore wanted to transfer me her miles 30K from her Delta to mine. Delta said the cost was $300. With those 30K you can get a flight from PBI to LGA for 30K plus a fee. The same flight cost $263 if paid with cash. .... Any way, I would never do business with this people. Hope every smart one out there do the same.
Its not a scam or robbery. Its an excellent way to top off accounts. There are also some good sales (hint buy not transfer). Now if your one of the ones who pays to transfer the points rather than just book the award for the person thats your own problem. Its no secret its expensive but its very clear how much its going to cost.